A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Claire from The Pramshed (thank you so much!) I honestly didn’t really know what this meant but I’ve since read up on it a bit and I couldn’t be happier to take part. The award is a great way to discover new blogs and most importantly to receive acknowledgement that someone out there is enjoying your blog and give love to the blogs you think are great! Also, the word ‘Liebster’ has a few meanings in German, including dearest, sweetest, nicest – how lovely is that.
So here’s the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog, or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details
And here are my answers to Claire’s questions:
When did you start blogging and why?
I started my blog at the beginning of January this year. I have always loved writing and had been considering starting a blog for a few years but had never actually made the leap, I was so worried no-one would care about what I had to say! But, as 2016 kicked off and my Facebook feed was filled with well-meaning resolutions, I made a decision – I’m going to start using my brain again. One boring afternoon at work I set up a WordPress account and I’ve been loving it ever since!
What aspirations do you have for your blog?
My initial aspiration was just that someone would read my blog posts and actually enjoy them, even if that was just one person. However, as I’ve begun to see what the blogging world has to offer and the amazing community that surrounds it, I’d love to look towards blogging as less of a hobby and more of a full-time occupation. I only work part-time at the moment, but between 3 shifts a week, a toddler and generally being a grown-up, I sometimes struggle to find the time to sit down and start writing. If I could secure a form of income from my blog I would love to quit my job and give my blog the attention it deserves.
Tell us about your perfect holiday.
When I saw this question I started making a list in my head; beach, sun, palm trees, sun lounger, good book, cocktail, silence… But, in reality a perfect holiday would be a lovely villa, filled with our wonderful families, good wine and food, and a nearby beach for George to play on.
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Tall, clumsy & loving.
What 3 items would you take to a desert island?
Is George coming? Because if so we’re going to need a dummy, a dinosaur book and some biscuits. I’d abandon all my wordly goods for the peace those 3 items provide.
If I’ve managed to get a baby-sitter for my desert island trip I would take; my kindle, some moisturiser, and a sturdy pair of sunglasses.
What bloggers inspire you?
I am constantly in awe of bloggers who have the time and commitment to host linkys alongside raising children and creating their own amazing blog content. Sarah from Mum Muddling Through and Talya from Motherhood: The Real Deal manage to do this every week and I love reading their blogs, so honest and hilarious. I also really admire The Single Swan blog for being able to write anonymously but with such great results, and Kate from The Less-Refined Mind for her insane writing abilities, the standard of your writing is where I want mine to be! All of these ladies and the work they do on their blogs inspire me to push myself further and work hard at establishing myself as a blogger.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time, apart from blogging?
Drinking wine and eating everything in sight. Ahem, I mean I enjoy binge watching Netflix… I’m going to have to start this one again. I enjoy reading, I don’t do it anywhere near as much as I should/wish I could, and watching good TV, which I do way more than I responsibly should. I’m the cook in our house and most of the time I really enjoy doing that too, I feel so accomplished and Mother Earth-ly when I set a home cooked meal down in front of my boys.
What is your favourite chocolate bar?
I’m a big fan of chocolate in general so I’d be excited about any chocolate bar but my favourite is dark chocolate, so one of those little bars of Bournville would be a winner for me.
What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?
In 5 years time I’d love to be a home-owner, either blogging full-time or working in a job I enjoy and hopefully planning a wedding to my lovely boyfriend or a sibling for George (I hope Frankie never reads this he’ll have a heart attack).
What is the best thing you have ever done?
My greatest achievement is of course my beautiful, intelligent little boy George. But, as I can’t take all the credit for him, I’d say the greatest thing I’ve ever personally done is take the chance to study abroad in Toronto for a year. It was such a huge decision, and something which I applied for with the mentality that it didn’t matter because I’d never be chosen for it anyway, so to actually accept the offer and move to Canada was a pretty big deal for me. I adored my time there and would love to live there again.
Finally, what would your last meal be?
I love anything cheese-related, can I have cheese and biscuits please?
Here’s my 11 facts about me (you really are learning a lot about me today aren’t you!):
- My hair has been every colour imaginable, my favourite was bright ginger.
- My family have always had cats, so when we moved out I managed to persuade Frankie to let us have a kitten, she’s called Maggie.
- I’m desperately trying to teach myself to like red wine.
- But for the moment being a big fan of white wine and prosecco will do.
- I work as a bartender/waitress – I hate it, people are so rude.
- I love Quentin Tarantino films.
- I am a firm believer in the magical qualities of fairy lights.
- Taylor Swift is my absolute favourite famous person.
- I need at least 12 hours sleep a night to function properly (this is my excuse why I am never fully functioning properly)
- I am a fan of all varieties of hot drink, you can’t beat them for a quick burst of comfort.
- I hate clutter and always feel so much better after a clear out.
I would like to nominate:
I’m not nosey or anything (I definitely am) but I’d love to know more about you ladies, so here are my questions for you:
- What is the inspiration behind your blog name?
- How long have you been blogging for, and why did you start?
- What does your average day look like? eg. are you a SAHM, full-time worker, student etc.
- What is your tipple of choice?
- What is your favourite film?
- Where is your favourite place to shop? (Help me, I need clothing inspiration!)
- Which blogs do you read regularly?
- What’s your coffee shop order?
- When was the last time you had a child free evening, and what did you do? (snuck an extra in there!)
- Do you have any exciting plans for your blog in the near future?
- Who would your dream dinner party guests be?
Thank you again to Claire for the nomination, I can’t wait to read your posts ladies!