As I slowly immerse myself nto the world of blogging and I’ve found one of my favourite places to start on a blog I’ve never read before is a ‘5 Facts About Me‘ type post. So, before I continue my ramblings on parenthood, I thought it would only be polite to introduce myself a bit more!
1) I love writing and it’s a huge part of why I wanted to start a blog. After four years of writing University essays it was starting to seem like a bit of a waste to only pick up a pen to write shopping lists and notes for my other half. However, I am much more comfortable editing and proof-reading things that other people have written, and I really wanted to find a job in the publishing industry following University. Sadly, Cumbria isn’t really a hotspot for publishing/literary world!
2) I have two part-time jobs, one behind a bar and another in a small jewellery shop. I stayed at home to look after George until he was 16 months old, and I’m so glad I did because I think we have an incredible bond from spending all that time together. I thought going back to work would give me a bit of a break from just being ‘Mummy’ 24/7 and allow me to have some adult conversation occasionally. But, in reality I spend most of my shifts missing George and wondering why I am wasting my time talking to these adults (general public, not colleagues) who are usually ungrateful for my service/help anyway.
3) I spend way too much of my spare time watching TV series, Netflix is the best £7 a month I spend. My absolute favourites are Lost, Game of Thrones and Gossip Girl. If we can chat about Lost ending theories, whether or not Jon Snow is dead, and how perfect Blair and Chuck are then we’ll be friends forever.
4) I never ever imagined I would have my first child at 21. Naively, I thought I’d go down the career, marriage, mortgage, then a baby route. I’ve come to realise now that if you plan your life using the same timeline and life events as a fairytale then you’re probably going to be in for a shock.
5) I lived in Toronto and studied at the University of Toronto from September 2012 to April 2013. I ADORED my time in Canada, the University, the city, the people, they’re all amazing. I even got used to the cold! If I was ever financially capable I would love to live there again, particularly while George is small (they pull their little ones to nursery school in sledges *heart melts*).
I hope you all feel like you know me a bit better now. I’d love to know more about you too! If you’ve written a post like this on your blog please leave a link in the comments so I can have a nosey. Alternatively, leave a little fact about yourself!